Harshit Patel, MD
Dr. Patel is a board-certified allergist and immunologist serving both adult and pediatric patients throughout the Long Island and New York City areas. He see’s patients weekly at 6 locations: Hicksville, Huntington, Glen Oaks, Brentwood, Oceanside and Babylon
Dr. Patel and the rest of his team at the Allergy, Asthma and Sinus Center of Long Island work together to treat patients suffering from allergies, asthma, sinus problems, hives, eczema, cough and other aspects of allergic disease.
Click “Read more” to learn more about Dr. Patel’s qualifications and experience.
- Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomat of the American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of State of New York
- Long Island Allergy and Asthma Society
- American Academy of Allergy , Asthma and Immunology
- American College of Allergy , Asthma and Immunology
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Dr. Harshit Patel is currently the primary caregiver at the Long Island Allergy Group. Dr. Patel is concurrently Clinical Instructor clinical instructor at NYC school of medicine and prior to that was a doctor in one of the most prestigious immunology practices in the state of New York.
- Sept 2002:
WTC disaster and the effect on Chinese children with Asthma. A retrospective chart review with Dr. Anthony Szema, M.D. Assistant Professor. Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology at SUNY HSC at Stony Brook.
- Dec, 2000 to Sep 2002:
Research on effects of immunosuppresants on the maturation of dendritic cells with Dr. Amitabha Mazumder, M.D. Professor. Department of Hematology Oncology at SUNY HSC at Stony Brook.
- August 1995 and June 1992 to August 1994:
Research on brain ischemia in the rat brain model with Dr. George C. Newman MD. Ph.D. Associate Professor. Department of Neurology at SUNY HSC at Stony Brook
Shreya Gir, PA
Shreya Desai is a compassionate physician assistant. She found her niche once she stated working with the team at Allergy Asthma and Sinus Center of Long Island. Shreya excelled at Touro College School of Health Sciences and obtained her degree as a master in physician assistant studies. She currently practices in Brentwood, Glen Oaks, Oceanside and Hicksville, NY. She also speaks various languages including English, Hindi, Guajarati and basic medical Spanish. Shreya’s goal is to deliver the best patient care possible and to educate her patients on various conditions.
Christine Mathew, PA
Christine L. Mathew, a dedicated Physician Assistant, demonstrates a strong commitment to delivering optimal health care to her patients. Christine has been an outstanding provider at the Allergy, Asthma, and Sinus Center of Long Island. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from St. John’s University and is NCCPA Board certified. In addition, she also has bilingual proficiency in both English and Tamil.
Anum Zia, PA
Anum Zia is a highly competent Physician Assistant at the Allergy, Asthma and Sinus Center of Long Island. She successfully completed her postgraduate studies in Physician Assistant Studies at the New York Institute of Technology. Additionally, she has acquired certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). She has always expressed a strong aspiration to effect positive change within the healthcare field. She is bilingual and conversant in both English and Urdu.
Dr. Daryl Altman
Dr. Daryl Altman has more than thirty years of experience treating adult and pediatric patients with asthma, allergy and immunologic diseases. She has worked in private practice, community health, and public health, treating patients of all ages and from all walks of life. She is proficient in the management of food, drug, and environmental allergies; asthma; cough; nasal and sinus issues; hives, eczema; and many other aspects of allergic and immunologic disease. Dr. Altman speaks English, and Spanish, and has a basic understanding of Italian and American Sign Language. Her philosophy is to work with the patient to create a successful treatment plan that will harmonize with the patient’s preferences and lifestyle.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- St. John’s Episcopal Hospital
- Allergist/Immunologist, Joseph P Addabbo Family Health Center, Queens NY
- Allergy Associates, Long Island and Queens NY
- The Food Allergy Center, Long Island and Queens NY
- Allergy/Immunology, Private Practice, Hewlett NY
- Pediatrics, New York City Department of Health, Queens NY
- Fellowship: Allergy and Immunology, Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn NY
- Residency: Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx NY
- MD: New York Medical College, Valhalla NY
- MS: Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Los Angeles CA
- BA: Biology, Hofstra University, Hempstead NY
- Altman DR, Chiaramonte LT. Public perception of food allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1996;97:1247-51.
- Altman DR. Book review: deWeck AL, Sampson HA, eds. Intestinal immunity and food allergy. Trends Food Sci Technol 1995;6:424-5.
- Altman DR, Fitzgerald T, Chiaramonte LT. Double-blind placebo-controlled challenge of persons reporting adverse reactions to monosodium glutamate (MSG) [abstract]. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1994;93:303. Presented at AAAI Meeting, Anaheim, 1994.
- Chiaramonte LT, Altman DR. Consumer perception of food allergies [abstract]. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1994;93:209. Presented at AAAI Meeting, Anaheim, 1994.
- Altman DR, Bassett CW, Chiaramonte LT. Public perception of food allergy [abstract]. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1992;89:192. Presented at AAAI Meeting, Orlando, 1992.
- Chiaramonte LT, Altman DR. Food sensitivity in asthma: perception and reality. J Asthma 1991;28:5-9.