Dr. Patel is a board-certified allergist and immunologist serving both adult and pediatric patients throughout the Long Island and New York City areas. He sees patients weekly at six offices located in Hicksville, Brentwood, Oceanside, Glen Oaks, Babylon, and Huntington Station.
Dr. Patel and the rest of his team at the Allergy, Asthma and Sinus Center of Long Island work together to treat patients suffering from allergies, asthma, sinus problems, hives, eczema, cough and other aspects of allergic disease.
Click “Read more” to learn more about Dr. Patel’s qualifications and experience.
- Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomat of the American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of State of New York
- Long Island Allergy and Asthma Society
- American Academy of Allergy , Asthma and Immunology
- American College of Allergy , Asthma and Immunology
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Dr. Harshit Patel is currently the primary caregiver at the Long Island Allergy Group. Dr. Patel is concurrently Clinical Instructor clinical instructor at NYC school of medicine and prior to that was a doctor in one of the most prestigious immunology practices in the state of New York.
- Sept 2002:
WTC disaster and the effect on Chinese children with Asthma. A retrospective chart review with Dr. Anthony Szema, M.D. Assistant Professor. Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology at SUNY HSC at Stony Brook.
- Dec, 2000 to Sep 2002:
Research on effects of immunosuppresants on the maturation of dendritic cells with Dr. Amitabha Mazumder, M.D. Professor. Department of Hematology Oncology at SUNY HSC at Stony Brook.
- August 1995 and June 1992 to August 1994:
Research on brain ischemia in the rat brain model with Dr. George C. Newman MD. Ph.D. Associate Professor. Department of Neurology at SUNY HSC at Stony Brook